SKU: INT-CUBA-CU

Cubacel – Cuba

Cubacel – Cuba

Availability: In stock

$0.00

Reward Points You will receive Reward Points for purchasing this product!

Ordering Instructions

  1. Select the refill amount you would like to purchase
  2. Enter the international phone number you wish to load
  3. Click the "Add To Cart" button and complete checkout
  4. The international phone number you provided will be automatically loaded (you do not need to have the phone in your possession)

Denomination conversion may not be exact due to currency exchange dictated by the service provider. All topup sales are final.

Maximum number of characters: 8

* Required Fields

$0.00

Product Description

Details

Cubacel is the first telecommunications provider to deploy mobile coverage in the Republic of Cuba. Initially owned and controlled by Sherritt International, the mobile network operator ran its first operations using the analog AMPS and the digital D-AMPS mobile infrastructures. In 2005, the government of Cuba, through the state-owned Empresa de Telecomunicaciones de Cuba S.A. (ETECSA), bought Cubacel and another Cuban mobile network, C-Com.

Cubacel's operations are directly controlled by ETECSA, 73% of which is owned by the Ministry of Information and Communication. Telecom Italia, a European-based telecommunications company, owns the remaining 27% of ETECSA's stake.

In 2009, ETECSA moved forward with the deactivation of its D-AMPS network as part of the company's plans to provide 100% GSM coverage under the frequency of 850MHz in Havana, Cayo Coco, Cayo Guillermo, and Varadero and 900MHz in other areas in Cuba. Today, ETECSA provides telephone, internet, and cellular services. Cubacel, the telecom's mobile brand, provides wireless services to millions of Cuban residents as well as tourists visiting Cuba.

Just like other wireless service providers, Cubacel offers cutting-edge GSM mobile coverage that allows both postpaid and prepaid users to access mobile internet, make and receive international and domestic voice calls, and send and receive MMS and SMS within the coverage area.

Denomination Amount
$13.00 USD converted to Cuban Pesos (CUP)
$15.00 USD converted to Cuban Pesos (CUP)
$20.00 USD converted to Cuban Pesos (CUP)
$25.00 USD converted to Cuban Pesos (CUP)
$30.00 USD converted to Cuban Pesos (CUP)
$35.00 USD converted to Cuban Pesos (CUP)
$40.00 USD converted to Cuban Pesos (CUP)
$45.00 USD converted to Cuban Pesos (CUP)
$50.00 USD converted to Cuban Pesos (CUP)
Customer Support
  • By phone: Call Cubacel Cuba customer service at +1-866-920-0222.

The Cubacel logo and the Cubacel product images are registered trademarks of Cubacel.

Recent Posts
We Accept: We Accept